When you are looking for a fitness regimen that would provide an overall benefit to your cardiovascular health, explore the features of Schwinn Recumbent Bike. As a fitness staple for years, you can choose from a variety of recumbent bike models to fit your daily workout needs.
from approx. $429
List price approx. $429
66 x 12 x 27 inches
No. of Programs:
Heart Rate :
USB Charging Port:
Media Rack :
- goal track capability enables
- high speed
- high inertia drive system
- seat rail slider system
- great bike
- resistance cannot be control
- cheap plastic
According to our product review, recumbent bikes provide a flexible and holistic way to maintain overall physical health. A daily workout also provides a huge energy boost for the day. Check out the features of these bikes to see which fits your lifestyle and preference.
What Do You Need to Know About Schwinn?
Fitness solution company Nautilus, Inc. manufactures and markets Schwinn Fitness as part of its line of products. Aside from Schwinn Fitness, the company is also known for fitness products such as the Bowflex, Octane Fitness, and Universal Gym Equipment. Under the Schwinn brand, the company released a whole range of exercise equipment, including ellipticals and recumbent bikes.
What Do You Need to Know About Schwinn Recumbent Bikes?
The Schwinn fitness line introduced more than 30 recumbent bike models since 2008. Since then it has trimmed down its current product offerings to include the A20 series, 230i series, 270i, and 570R. When compared to other exercise bikes, Schwinn recumbent bikes positions the body in a reclining form, which evenly distributes body weight over a larger for a more comfortable ride.
What Can You Expect from the Schwinn Recumbent Bike?
As a fitness equipment, you can use the Schwinn recumbent bike as part of your regular exercise program or as part of a fitness training program. Before purchasing your recumbent bike, take note that the product has a maximum user weight limit at around 300 lbs (136 kg). You can also setup the Schwinn Recumbent Bike based on your preferred profile programs.
There is the “Fun Rides,” “Mountains,” and “Challenges.” There are three subcategories under the three main categories. Selecting one would activate the automated resistance and workout levels identified for that subcategory. For “Fun Rides,” for example, there is the rolling hills, ride in the park, and ride in the park options.
What Are the Features of the Schwinn Recumbent Bike?
When purchasing any type of exercise equipment, looking at the various features matter. If you like a product with a lot of bells and whistles, the Schwinn recumbent bike could be an option. In fact, a standard feature among Schwinn recumbent bikes is the onboard digital console that enables you to accurately monitor your progress. Their console is incorporated with the Schwinn Dual Track display. The display can be used to monitor your workout progress using variables such as time, speed, distance and approximate calories burned. Below are the other features of the brand:
- Display Track – This Schwinn recumbent bike feature also displays the exercise pedal RPM or revolutions per minute. It also has a Contact Heart Rate Sensor, which monitors heart and pulse rates. The sensors are located in the handlebars. To get started on the reading, you would have to comfortably grip the bars. The idea is to make contact with the sensors to get an accurate reading.
- Heart Sensors – The Schwinn recumbent bike console can also display an estimate of your Heart Rate Zone (HRZ) which determines the effective workout pace in order to burn fat. The HRZ varies from person to person. This is often influenced by factors such as age and physical condition. You can also check for your heart rate recovery score. Once you are done with your daily exercise, you can press the “recovery” button while still holding onto the handlebars. Wait until the heart rate monitor starts its countdown. Once 0:00 point is reached, the display will indicate your heart rate recovery score. The unit comes with an optional heart rate chest strap.
- Comfortable Seats and Grips – The Schwinn recumbent bike has well-padded seating that can be very useful for your long workout sessions. Another added feature is the adjustable seat settings that allow you to extend or shorten the framework based on your body size or leg length. If you desire to move the Schwinn recumbent bike to another spot, it has a transport wheel within the frame.
- Training Mode – You can also choose a training mode to fit your lifestyle and preference. Schwinn Recumbent Bike allows you to preset your profile based on any of the options for heart rate control and heart rate program. You can also adjust your resistance level anywhere from 1 to 8, which is the most difficult level.
- Goal Setting Feature – Once you have powered up your Schwinn recumbent bike, you can start setting your goals for time, distance, and calories burned. As your workout progresses, the display will show the percentage completed. When you have accomplished your goal, the display will indicate that milestone via the Achievement Display. If you have surpassed your previous workout rates, the console will display your achievement. You will also be notified via a celebratory sound. You can also choose to move to the other training modes without setting any goal for the three items.
- User Profile Feature – If you want to export and save your workout results to a USB flash drive, you can do so with the Schwinn Recumbent Bike. The bike has a USB port that could accommodate a flash drive. Using the console display, you can choose the profile and then connect the drive. The console will inform you once the data transfer has been completed and will prompt you to remove the drive. The Schwinn recumbent bike console also allows you to create and store user profiles (2 for the 230). The profiles include the name, age, weight, height, gender, and also your preferred workout metrics. Each time you start a workout session, you would have to select the right user profile.
The 570R model of the Schwinn recumbent bike also has Bluetooth connectivity. You can wirelessly sync your profile and workout data with the Schwinn Trainer, Schwinn Connect and other apps. This makes it easier to track and share workout results using your smart devices. Another added bonus with the 570R is its capacity to support compatible Virtual Reality (VR) devices. All current models have a water bottle holder and mp3 connectivity and speakers.