The new year is just around the corner and with the new year many people are making many good resolutions again. Do you still need a little inspiration for your New Year resolutions?
We've looked at the top New Year resolutions for 2018 and compared the U.S. to the world's most common New Year resolutions. Check it out!
This is how New Year resolutions succeed!
The problem with this is that the resolutions are much too quickly relegated to the wheels of everyday life after the holidays. And the desired change is not permanent.
Too bad, because not everyone turns from a couch potato to a muscle-bound dream prince overnight. New Year resolutions suggest exactly that – a change overnight. We tend to do far too much and give up in frustration if the first successes don't come quickly. Everything would be nevertheless completely simple if we formulate SMARTE New Year's resolutions and looking for like-minded people, pursuing the same goals.
What are smart New Year resolutions? The SMART acronym comes from project planning and stands for:
- Specific: The more precise the intent, the better it can be adhered to.
- Measurable: Should it be three or ten kilos less? The intention must be clearly measurable.
- Accepted: Who wants the New Year's resolution to be adhered to again? You!
- Realistic: Is the goal motivating, but still achievable?
- Scheduled: By when should the resolution actually be fulfilled? Perhaps the resolution can be implemented in several stages.
Then there's the thing about like-minded people. After all, you are less alone together. It is much easier to get through the hiccups and when the New Year's resolution is finally fulfilled, you can celebrate together.